Lemon Tree Trust exists to inspire, support and collaborate with people who have been forcibly displaced to create community and opportunity through gardening. This policy provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Our contact details
UK: +44 (0)208 191 8674
USA: +1 (214) 978-6559
Email: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information. This will depend on how people engage with Lemon Trust. For example, people may be supporters, contacts of partners we work with or camp residents:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Postal address
- Financial information relating to donations
- Notes relating to how someone is engaged with Lemon Tree Trust
- IP addresses and website cookie identifiers
- Location data, for example, the location data function on a mobile phone
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You may have given a donation to Lemon Tree Trust and requested to be kept informed of our work
- You may have responded to our seed appeal and sent contact details in response to that
- You may have signed up to our e-newsletter
- You may have filled in a form to request seed or resources
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Keep our supporters up to date with our work
- Thank supporters for any donations (financial and non-financial)
- Ensure we can respond to requests (such as our seed appeal)
We may share this information with organisations such as:
- External email providers – to enable LTT to send e-newsletters and updates
- External printers – to enable LTT to send postal communications
- External partners and contractors – to enable LTT to manage the fulfilment of donations and supporter care
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing [email protected] or by calling:
- UK: +44 (0)208 191 8674
- USA: +1 (214) 978-6559
- We have a legitimate interest. The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. We keep donor and supporter information securely within a closed Microsoft 365 environment which has limited access to relevant users. The information we hold includes your name, email address, telephone number and postal address, and where applicable, your donation history for our financial records.
How long we keep your data
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct communications, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Occasionally, Lemon Tree Trust would like to contact you about our work and fundraising. If you consent to us using your contact details for this purpose, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting Lemon tree Trust directly.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected].
Lemon Tree Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk